Students in Years 1-6 participate in one hour of Physical Education each week conducted by our specialist Physical Education Teacher. Sport activities and swimming lessons are a regular part of a child’s balanced educational program and all of our students are expected to participate.
Our Physical Education Program
Year 1-3 Physical Education focuses on developing fundamental movement skills. These skills include
– Body Management Skills including balance, stopping, landing, turning, stretching and dodging.
– Locomotion Skills such as walking, running and leaping.
– Object control skills such as throwing, catching, bouncing, striking and rolling.
Year 4-6 Physical Education focuses on utilizing the skills learnt in the early years in modified game situations.
Other Physical Education activities include;
- Inter- School Team Sports held during Term 2.
- Inter- School and Inter Faction Athletic Carnivals held during Term 3.
- Interm Swimming is organised annually and caters for children in Years 1-6 in Term 4.
On enrolment, students are placed in one of four Houses. Each House has adopted a local bird as its emblem and an identifying colour. Faction House name originated from families that settled in Ballajura and from families who migrated from The Isle of Man.
Our houses are;
On Fridays, students are required to wear House Shirts.